Sunday, June 19, 2011

Rainshowers and Galleries

Today I was drinking a cup of tea while sitting on the front steps of  Galleri Lille Kabelvåg with some fellow artists and a small rain shower came from one small passing cloud while the sun was still shining. The raindrops evaporated as soon as they hit the pavement. It seemed so magical and unreal for whatever reason at that moment and I thought, "Yeah, I could live here". 

I woke up late this morning and printed the third layer of my midnight sun print. I finally got around to some laundry and later took a bus to Kabelvåg. There was an opening, Thor Erdahl had some work being shown, as well there was a large piece by Kjersti Andvig; a knitted prison cell called "Knit Until Death". It was powerful and something I had not seen before, a kitted structure of any kind. 

 

"Knit Until Death" by Kjersti Andvig



No comments:

Post a Comment