Saturday, June 18, 2011

Utakleiv

Today I went to Utakleiv! I went to rent a car but I hadn't made a reservation so... no car. I took a bus to Leknes and from there I walked....a lot, but it was well worth it.

There were sheep on the beach! Sheep! So I walked down further away from the two people on the beach, the only other two there, it was so silent and serene. I put on my suit and went to swim in the Norwegian Sea. I was up to my waist and had to run out it was so cold! I laid on the sand and warmed up a little while taking photos of the sheep and the lucid blue water. Then I decided there was no way I could come all this way and not go swimming so I went in and went swimming, all the way, over my head and all. It was freezing and invigorating and wonderful! I loved it. Soon thereafter I saw a jellyfish and bolted out of the water. I changed out of the cold suit and walked back. Passed a good deal of cows and more sheep (the sheep were everywhere!) By the time I had reached the bus stop I had to wait for three hours for the next bus to come, with nothing around at all. Things get interesting when you stare at clouds for three hours.






Utakleiv Photographs by Sarah Zuckerman

No comments:

Post a Comment