Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Tine and her trip to Mongolia

Today I went and met with Tine Lundkvist and was able to speak with her about her work for nearly two hours. She recently went on a trip to Mongolia and was making art pertaining to her trip. A lot had to do with the sound of the place, the train tracks and the rhythms. She had recently had a show where she had written her entire trip on a copperplate, printed it (so it came out backwards), and hung these very large prints as sort of curtains in a row while playing the rhythms of Mongolia in the background, really wish I had been able to see the show. She did show me a piece of the show and played the "sounds" for me so I got a general feeling for it, but I know it would have been much grander to see it as she had wanted it when it was on display. She also went through all her paintings and showed them to me. It was really interesting because she had so many large scale paintings, a lot of them seemed to portray landscape mixed with emotions, and a bit of darkness, maybe the darkness of the winter there I have yet to experience. When I left she gave me some herbs from her garden.


By Tine Lundkvist


By Tine Lundkvist

No comments:

Post a Comment