Sunday, July 3, 2011

Viking Festival

Today was an amazing day! I woke up, had breakfast with Holly, met up with Thomas by the Viking Ship, walked up to the castle hill and to the top of Slottsfjellet. Then we drove to Borre (Mittgard) for a Viking Festival. I threw axes and shot arrows. Walked around with Thomas and Esben, saw a "Viking Fight" where they fought and showed all the viking weaponry. Then there was a "play", where there were at least ten acts that took place all over the field area of Mittgard. We followed the play as it went, literally on foot. It was in Norwegian, English, and I believe a kind of made up language. It was about the some of the Norse gods and the trouble they would get into. The acting troop was so into it you couldn't help but be completely pulled in. Even though I didn't always know what they were saying I was totally enraptured by the acts. It was one of the most extraordinary performances I have ever seen.





By Sarah Zuckerman

No comments:

Post a Comment