Saturday, July 2, 2011

Skien and Rjukan

I went to Skien today, to get to Gjerpen (or where a town named Gjerpen used to be) and where my family would have been from. I think it is wonderful I am going to a place my family took their name from.
The hills of Vestfold are sloping and covered in grasses, yellow fields, and hazel wheat. Fields span kilometers, with one small house within it. The nature and scenery are not so drastic as Lofoten. I have not seen Fjords or peaks so prominent as the ones in the North.


By Sarah Zuckerman

~

Today Thomas and I are also going to Rjukan, a plateau about 2 hours or so from here.  We saw a couple getting married in a Viking Church on the way. It was cloudy but still stunning! There were little cotton ball like puffs all over the place. We took photographs and walked around.


By Sarah Zuckerman

No comments:

Post a Comment