Sunday, July 10, 2011

My Norwegian Family

Today I am meeting my Norwegian family. I met Liv, Thorbjørn, and Ole Jan. Liv and Ole Jan are cousins, and are also my cousins. They drove me to Undrumsdal and we went to the church and saw the graves of my ancestors. Apparently it was Undrumsdal and not in Skien where my family was originally from. We went to a farm there that belonged to Otto's family (Otto was my great grandfather), and the barn he was born in. I also learned that my grandmother grew up on a street in Tønsberg called Bull's Gate (St. Olav's Gate is the cross street). All of this family history today and meeting new family has been a tad overwhelming but so wonderful and exciting.


The barn Otto was born and raised in.
By Sarah Zuckerman


Also, needless to say, I found Bulls Gate.
By Sarah Zuckerman

No comments:

Post a Comment